German words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
“Kindergarten” – a place where children start education
“Sarah will start kindergarten in September”
”Wiener” – another word for sausage
“The wieners sold in movie theaters always taste old”
“wanderlust” – used when you really want to travel
“During the pandemic, wanderlust has spread to millions of people”
Schadenfreude” – the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction when something bad happens to someone else
“I had a feeling of schadenfreude when Liverpool lost the game!”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
204. What is a Cliché? What is Jargon? And Should We Use them? – Thinking in English
- 204. What is a Cliché? What is Jargon? And Should We Use them?
- 203. Why is Gibraltar British? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 202. Why Did Jacinda Ardern Resign as Prime Minister of New Zealand? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 201. How Did We Fix the Ozone Layer? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 200. What is Quiet Quitting?: KEY Workplace Vocabulary Terms From 2022 (English Vocabulary Lesson)