German words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
“Kindergarten” – a place where children start education
“Sarah will start kindergarten in September”
”Wiener” – another word for sausage
“The wieners sold in movie theaters always taste old”
“wanderlust” – used when you really want to travel
“During the pandemic, wanderlust has spread to millions of people”
Schadenfreude” – the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction when something bad happens to someone else
“I had a feeling of schadenfreude when Liverpool lost the game!”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
240. Who Discovered the Americas? (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 240. Who Discovered the Americas? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 239. France Bans Short-Haul Flights: How Bad is Flying for the Environment? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 238. How to Learn from Failure and Mistakes? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 237. What is a Failed State? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 236. What is the 10,000 Hour Rule? (English Vocabulary Lesson)