German words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
“Kindergarten” – a place where children start education
“Sarah will start kindergarten in September”
”Wiener” – another word for sausage
“The wieners sold in movie theaters always taste old”
“wanderlust” – used when you really want to travel
“During the pandemic, wanderlust has spread to millions of people”
Schadenfreude” – the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction when something bad happens to someone else
“I had a feeling of schadenfreude when Liverpool lost the game!”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- What Is “Burnout”? And How Can You Avoid It While Studying English?
- 173. What is the Human Development Index? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 172. What Happens When the Queen Dies? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 171. The Life of Queen Elizabeth II (English Vocabulary Lesson)