German words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
“Kindergarten” – a place where children start education
“Sarah will start kindergarten in September”
”Wiener” – another word for sausage
“The wieners sold in movie theaters always taste old”
“wanderlust” – used when you really want to travel
“During the pandemic, wanderlust has spread to millions of people”
Schadenfreude” – the feeling of pleasure and satisfaction when something bad happens to someone else
“I had a feeling of schadenfreude when Liverpool lost the game!”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson ) – Thinking in English
- 272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 271. More Ways To Remember English Vocabulary! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 269. What is the BEST Way to Remember English Vocabulary? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 268. History of Zombies: From Haiti and Voodoo to the Night of the Living Dead! (English Vocabulary Lesson)