Spanish words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
Mosquito – little flies that can pass dangerous illnesses
“I was bitten by a mosquito last night”
Canyon – a deep gorge with a river flowing through it
“Have you ever visited the Grand Canyon?”
Macho – used to describe a tough or ‘manly’ man
“He acts macho, but secretly loves to dance!”
Paella – a famous Spanish dish including rice and seafood
“My mother’s paella is the best in the city”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 273. How Many English Words Did William Shakespeare Invent? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 271. More Ways To Remember English Vocabulary! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 269. What is the BEST Way to Remember English Vocabulary? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Why not support Thinking in English?
Help to support the podcast by making a one-time donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Help to support the podcast by making a monthly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host
Help to support the podcast by making a yearly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Choose an amount
Or donate what you like!
Thank you so much for your donation! Reach out to me on Instagram, or by the contact form above, and I’ll be happy to thank you in person!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!