Let’s learn some useful idioms!
Fire in your belly
When you are determined to succeed and motivated
“I was confident until I saw my opponent had fire in his belly”
Play with fire
To do something dangerous or risky
“You’re playing with fire if you don’t pay your taxes”
Add fuel to the fire
When you make a problem worse
“The President said he didn’t want to add fuel to the fire by commenting without knowing the facts”
Do you know any other fire idioms?
Check out my PODCAST!!
174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- What Is “Burnout”? And How Can You Avoid It While Studying English?
- 173. What is the Human Development Index? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 172. What Happens When the Queen Dies? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 171. The Life of Queen Elizabeth II (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Why not support Thinking in English?
Help to support the podcast by making a one-time donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Help to support the podcast by making a monthly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host
Help to support the podcast by making a yearly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Choose an amount
Or donate what you like!
Thank you so much for your donation! Reach out to me on Instagram, or by the contact form above, and I’ll be happy to thank you in person!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!