French words used in English!
Not everyone word used in English is original! In fact, much of our language is borrowed from other parts of the world! Check out these borrowed terms!
A small and ‘chic’ fashion or accessories store
“This area is full of expensive Swiss wristwatch boutiques”
Means stylish and cool. Often used to describe clothing and shops
“Wow! You’re looking very chic today”
The French word for fashion; if something is ‘in Vogue’ it is fashionable right now
“Bright colors and stripes are in Vogue right now”
A social mistake or being accidentally rude
“He committed a faux pas at the party and embarrassed himself!”
Can you think of any other foreign words used in English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson ) – Thinking in English
- 272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 271. More Ways To Remember English Vocabulary! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 269. What is the BEST Way to Remember English Vocabulary? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 268. History of Zombies: From Haiti and Voodoo to the Night of the Living Dead! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Why not support Thinking in English?
Help to support the podcast by making a one-time donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Help to support the podcast by making a monthly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host
Help to support the podcast by making a yearly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Choose an amount
Or donate what you like!
Thank you so much for your donation! Reach out to me on Instagram, or by the contact form above, and I’ll be happy to thank you in person!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!