Over the last week, protestors have stormed the Sri Lankan president’s palace, burned down the Prime Minister’s home, and forced them both to resign.
This followed on from months of economic problems, blackouts, fuel shortages, and rising inflation.
However, news like this can be difficult for language learners to understand…. So here are a few words and phrases to help you talk about and discuss Sri Lanka’s economic turmoil.
What do you think the crisis in Sri Lanka?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 263. The Foreign Language Effect: How Thinking in English Can Improve Your Decision Making and Memories! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 262. Why is France Banning Islamic Clothes in Schools? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 261. The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 260. How to argue (and win arguments) in English?
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!