Over the last week, protestors have stormed the Sri Lankan president’s palace, burned down the Prime Minister’s home, and forced them both to resign.
This followed on from months of economic problems, blackouts, fuel shortages, and rising inflation.
However, news like this can be difficult for language learners to understand…. So here are a few words and phrases to help you talk about and discuss Sri Lanka’s economic turmoil.
You can also check out my podcast episode on Sri Lanka here!
What do you think the crisis in Sri Lanka?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 217. How to Use Poetry to Study English?
- 216. English Learning and Socrates: What Can We Learn from the Father of Western Philosphy? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 215. Should TikTok Be Banned? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 214. What is the UN Treaty on the High Seas? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!
Never miss an episode
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: