Over the last week, protestors have stormed the Sri Lankan president’s palace, burned down the Prime Minister’s home, and forced them both to resign.
This followed on from months of economic problems, blackouts, fuel shortages, and rising inflation.
However, news like this can be difficult for language learners to understand…. So here are a few words and phrases to help you talk about and discuss Sri Lanka’s economic turmoil.
What do you think the crisis in Sri Lanka?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
I Moved Country (Again)!! – Thinking in English
- I Moved Country (Again)!!
- 188. Should We Boycott the Qatar World Cup? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 187. Who is Elon Musk? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 186. What is Thanksgiving?: The REAL Story Behind America’s Most Famous Holiday (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 185. Who is Responsible for Climate Change? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!