This week the ‘Thinking in English’ Community is talking about work-life balance!
We spend a huge amount of our lives working, in order to contribute to society and earn a living for ourselves and our loved ones.
But all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, so it is really important that we find the right balance between work, and other activities!
Here are 10 conversation questions to get you talking about work-life balance!
How to Join the Conversation Club?
Conversation Questions: The Perfect Work-Life Balance?!
1. What is your job? Are you happy with your current work-life balance?
2. Do you work in an office, at home, or hybrid? How would you like to work?
3. What is a common attitude to work-life balance in your culture?
4. What are the biggest challenges to having a good work-life balance?
5. What professions have the worst work life balance? Which ones have the best?
6. Is work-life balance always important, no matter your age?
7. How will our ideas of work-life balance change in the future?
8. Is it a good idea to make money from your hobbies?
9. What are some ways that people can improve their work-life balance?
10. “Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
— Dolly Parton
What do you think of this quote?
- of, or at, the present time
- something that is a mixture of two different things
- a feeling or opinion about something or someone, or a way of behaving that is caused by this
- A job or any type of work that needs special training or a particular skill
- an activity that someone does for pleasure when they are not working
- the money that you earn from your job
B1 (Intermediate) Model Answers
B2 (Upper Intermediate) Model Answers
C1 (Advanced Level) Model Answers
See you all at this week’s conversation club!