On this episode of Thinking in English, I am going to set you all a challenge! A riddle is a question, statement, or phrase that is almost a puzzle and requires you to think to answer. Riddles are a great way to stimulate your mind, get your brain working, and have fun! They are also excellent ways to test your English skills.
You might also like…
A few months ago, I recorded an episode introducing 3 English riddles. I heard from a few of you via Instagram, and it seemed quite popular. So, today I’m going to set you all another riddle challenge. Same as last time, I am going to tell you three popular English riddles, and I want to see if you can work out the answers.
Before I tell you them, here is a quick tip to help you. Think about how words are spelled and words that might have more than one meaning. Sometimes the meaning is important and you might need a little basic knowledge to help you understand, but often meanings and extra knowledge are not needed to answer riddles!
Ok, so let’s get started
You’re running a race and at the very end, you pass the person in 2nd place. What place did you finish the race in?
You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars and Jupiter, but not in Venus or Neptune. What am I?
It’s the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. Where is it?
If you want to check your answers, message Thinking in English Podcast on Instagram.
Check out some of our previous episodes and find all podcast transcripts for free on thinkinginenglish.blog!
And as always thank you for listening, and supporting the podcast!
Check out other recent episodes!!
204. What is a Cliché? What is Jargon? And Should We Use them? – Thinking in English
- 204. What is a Cliché? What is Jargon? And Should We Use them?
- 203. Why is Gibraltar British? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 202. Why Did Jacinda Ardern Resign as Prime Minister of New Zealand? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 201. How Did We Fix the Ozone Layer? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 200. What is Quiet Quitting?: KEY Workplace Vocabulary Terms From 2022 (English Vocabulary Lesson)