Yesterday, Boris Johnson finally stepped down as leader of the UK Conservative party and will stop being Prime Minister as soon as a new leader is chosen.
Johnson’s time in office has been full of scandals – so it doesn’t really come as a surprise that he has resigned.
However, some of the vocabulary around political resignations can be a little confusing! Here are some useful words and phrases to help you understand and talk about Boris Johnson’s resignation!
10 Downing Street
What do you think about Boris Johnson’s resignation?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 217. How to Use Poetry to Study English?
- 216. English Learning and Socrates: What Can We Learn from the Father of Western Philosphy? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 215. Should TikTok Be Banned? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 214. What is the UN Treaty on the High Seas? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!
Never miss an episode
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: