Yesterday, Boris Johnson finally stepped down as leader of the UK Conservative party and will stop being Prime Minister as soon as a new leader is chosen.
Johnson’s time in office has been full of scandals – so it doesn’t really come as a surprise that he has resigned.
However, some of the vocabulary around political resignations can be a little confusing! Here are some useful words and phrases to help you understand and talk about Boris Johnson’s resignation!
10 Downing Street
What do you think about Boris Johnson’s resignation?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
Stop Being A Perfectionist! – Thinking in English
- Stop Being A Perfectionist!
- 164. What is Happening in Taiwan? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- My Trip To Fukushima (Preview of PATREON Exclusive Episode)
- 163. Are Dress Codes a Good Thing? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- Becoming Bilingual, Feminism, and Inequality in Japan! w/ Sneakysmol (English Conversation)
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!