Yesterday, Boris Johnson finally stepped down as leader of the UK Conservative party and will stop being Prime Minister as soon as a new leader is chosen.
Johnson’s time in office has been full of scandals – so it doesn’t really come as a surprise that he has resigned.
However, some of the vocabulary around political resignations can be a little confusing! Here are some useful words and phrases to help you understand and talk about Boris Johnson’s resignation!
10 Downing Street
What do you think about Boris Johnson’s resignation?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 263. The Foreign Language Effect: How Thinking in English Can Improve Your Decision Making and Memories! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 262. Why is France Banning Islamic Clothes in Schools? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 261. The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 260. How to argue (and win arguments) in English?
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!