Much of Europe is currently experiencing a serious heatwave. The UK will see its hottest day on record this week, with temperatures forecast to peak at around 42 degrees.
The temperatures are so hot across the continent that countries are facing serious problems. Thousands of people are suffering from heatstroke, wildfires have devastated parts of Southern Europe, and Liston Airport had to close their runway as it melted.
Experts are predicting such heatwaves will become more frequent due to climate change.
Here is some useful vocabulary to help you understand Europe’s heatwaves!
What is the temperature in your country/city/town right now?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 263. The Foreign Language Effect: How Thinking in English Can Improve Your Decision Making and Memories! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 262. Why is France Banning Islamic Clothes in Schools? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 261. The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 260. How to argue (and win arguments) in English?
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!