Much of Europe is currently experiencing a serious heatwave. The UK will see its hottest day on record this week, with temperatures forecast to peak at around 42 degrees.
The temperatures are so hot across the continent that countries are facing serious problems. Thousands of people are suffering from heatstroke, wildfires have devastated parts of Southern Europe, and Liston Airport had to close their runway as it melted.
Experts are predicting such heatwaves will become more frequent due to climate change.
Here is some useful vocabulary to help you understand Europe’s heatwaves!
What is the temperature in your country/city/town right now?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 218. Could Putin Really be Arrested? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 217. How to Use Poetry to Study English?
- 216. English Learning and Socrates: What Can We Learn from the Father of Western Philosphy? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 215. Should TikTok Be Banned? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 214. What is the UN Treaty on the High Seas? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!
Never miss an episode
Subscribe wherever you enjoy podcasts: