Cheetahs have been reintroduced to India. The animals, which formerly shared habitats with tigers and other big cats, were declared extinct in the 1950s.
8 of animals were flown from Namibia to a sanctuary in India, where they will be monitored by experts.
Proponents of reintroducing Cheetahs believe it will benefit the local economy and environment, while critics believe animal reintroductions are always fraught with danger.
Here is some useful vocabulary to help you understand the reintroduction of cheetahs.
Do you think reintroducing cheetahs to India is a good idea?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson) - Thinking in English
- 270. What is the 2023 Word of the Year? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 273. How Many English Words Did William Shakespeare Invent? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 272. What is Panda Diplomacy? (English Vocabulary Lesson )
- 271. More Ways To Remember English Vocabulary! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 269. What is the BEST Way to Remember English Vocabulary? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I'm so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!