Cheetahs have been reintroduced to India. The animals, which formerly shared habitats with tigers and other big cats, were declared extinct in the 1950s.
8 of animals were flown from Namibia to a sanctuary in India, where they will be monitored by experts.
Proponents of reintroducing Cheetahs believe it will benefit the local economy and environment, while critics believe animal reintroductions are always fraught with danger.
Here is some useful vocabulary to help you understand the reintroduction of cheetahs.
Do you think reintroducing cheetahs to India is a good idea?
Try using this vocabulary to make some sentences in the comments!
175. The Language of Protesting (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 175. The Language of Protesting (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- What Is “Burnout”? And How Can You Avoid It While Studying English?
- 173. What is the Human Development Index? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 172. What Happens When the Queen Dies? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!