Thinking in English is taking a short vacation! There will be NO CONVERSATION CLUBS on Tuesday 2nd May and Thursday 4th May.
I am current in Japan and have important meetings and appointments next week in Tokyo; Thomas is heading back to the UK to see his family; and Nathan hasn’t taken a break for months!
We WILL be back on Tuesday 9th May with our conversation clubs (and potentially NEW EVENTS TOO).
In fact, we have run 6 conversation clubs a week, every week, since the beginning of the year. That is 17 weeks and 102 conversation clubs so far in 2023!
Hundreds of you have joined and we are amazed at the improvements, progress, and confidence all of you have gained over the past weeks and months. Whether you have joined every week since last July, or you are brand new to the Patreon – THANK YOU!
What to do instead of conversation club?
Listen to a Thinking in English Episode
There are hundreds of episodes of Thinking in English… listen to a few extra episodes next week while waiting for the conversation clubs to come back!
264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 264. Why is the UK Banning Some Breeds of Dog?: The Dangerous Dog Debate! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 263. The Foreign Language Effect: How Thinking in English Can Improve Your Decision Making and Memories! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 262. Why is France Banning Islamic Clothes in Schools? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 261. The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 260. How to argue (and win arguments) in English?
- 259. What is BRICS? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 258. What is Racketeering? And Why Has Donald Trump Been Accused of it? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 257. Which Country is the Best at Learning English? And What Can We Learn from Them? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 256. Leaving the UK? The Future of the Orkney Islands! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 255. The History of Women’s Football!! (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Take an English Class…
… with Nathan
… with Thomas
… on Lingoda
Lingoda have partnered with Thinking in English recently!
Join an Event (or Make Your Own) on Discord
If you think Conversation Clubs are the only events on Discord… you are mistaken! We have many chat rooms with English learners discussing travel or food, debating Thinking in English episodes, and even playing wordle together.
Thomas Brock runs regular free chats and question & answer sessions!
And every week there are events run and organised by Thinking in English members.
We often have free chats and conversations on Saturdays, discussions about art, music, and culture on Mondays, and chats about Thinking in English episodes on Wednesdays!
As a member of Thinking in English, you can also make your own events on Discord! Organise an IELTS study group, an English book club, a games evening, or any event you would like. Just send me a message on Discord and I’ll give you the powers to make events and organise members!
What Next for Conversation Club?
We think the conversation clubs have been really successful over the past few months, be we are looking to keep improving and developing the events!
We are planning…
- More conversation clubs! Now I’m out in Asia (potentially long term) I’ll be able to organise clubs at times that are better for people in Asia and South America!
- More Tutors in the Discord server – we want more tutors in our server and conversation clubs to answer your questions and make your experience better
- More event types – shorter conversation clubs? Discussions about thinking in English episodes organised by me? Regular free chat sessions run by me?
- Better topics and questions!
Thank you all and see you on Tuesday May 9th!