This week the ‘Thinking in English’ Community talking about their ‘dream restaurant’!
In the ‘dream restaurant’ your dreams come true! The location, time, decoration, guests and, of course, the food, are all decided by you! You can have anything you want!
Talk us through your ideal meal, complete with every course, drinks and guests. Finally, you can debate whose ‘dream restaurant’ you would most like to go to!
Here are 10 conversation questions to get you talking about your ‘dream restaurant’!
Conversation Questions: The Dream Restaurant!
1. Welcome to the ‘dream restaurant’. Where is the restaurant and what does it look like?
2. When are you having your meal? What time of day and what time of the year?
3. Will you be eating alone or with guests? Who would your ‘dream’ guests be?
4. As you arrive at your table, what appetisers are waiting for you?
5. What would you like to drink while you wait for your food?
6. To begin the meal, what starter will you have?
7. What is your choice for the main course?
8. It’s time for dessert! What will you order?
9. What would the after-dinner entertainment be?
10. Whose ‘dream restaurant’ would you most like to eat at?
(You can’t choose your own!)
- a place where meals are prepared and served to customers
- a small amount of food eaten before a meal
- a small dish served as the first part of a meal
- Main course
- the largest or most important part of a meal
- sweet food eaten at the end of a meal
- shows, films, television, or other performances or activities that entertain people, or a performance of this type
B1 (Intermediate) Model Answers
B2 (Upper Intermediate) Model Answers
C1 (Advanced Level) Model Answers
See you all at this week’s conversation club!