The Achilles heel!
Your Achilles heel is a weakness or vulnerable point! It comes from the ancient Greek myth of Achilles, who was invincible apart from his heels!
“He is a good student, but spelling is his Achilles heel!”
“She is a strong candidate for the job, but her lack of experience could prove to be her Achilles heel”
Expressions are a fun thing to learn and really useful part of English! Why don’t you try to incorporate some expressions into your daily English?
Check out my PODCAST!!
174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson) – Thinking in English
- 174. Why Are Iranian Women Burning Their Hijabs? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- What Is “Burnout”? And How Can You Avoid It While Studying English?
- 173. What is the Human Development Index? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 172. What Happens When the Queen Dies? (English Vocabulary Lesson)
- 171. The Life of Queen Elizabeth II (English Vocabulary Lesson)
Why not support Thinking in English?
Help to support the podcast by making a one-time donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Help to support the podcast by making a monthly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host
Help to support the podcast by making a yearly donation! I would love to buy a new mic, and pay for a better blog/podcast host…
Choose an amount
Or donate what you like!
Thank you so much for your donation! Reach out to me on Instagram, or by the contact form above, and I’ll be happy to thank you in person!
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Do you want to Think in English?
I’m so excited that you found my blog and podcast!! If you don’t want to miss an article or an episode, you can subscribe to my page!